Saturday, February 21, 2015

WHY JOURNAL?





Anne Frank's Diary
 POST 12
MaryAnn

WHY JOURNAL?  A page of my journal is like a cake of portable soup. A little may be diffused into a considerable portion. - James Boswell

There are certain things that make me relax, like writing my journal. That's the only time that I'm relaxing. It's the only time I really get to examine myself. -Jessica Simpson

I write journals and would recommend journal writing to anyone who wishes to pursue a writing career. You learn a lot. You also remember a lot... and memory is important. -Judy Collins
Is not the poet bound to write his own biography? Is there any other work for him but a good journal? – Henry David Thoreau

The only thing I have done religiously in my life is keep a journal. I have hundreds of them, filled 
with feathers, flowers, photographs, and words - without locks, open on my shelves. -Terry Tempest Williams

I keep a quotes journal - of every sentence that I've wanted to remember from my reading of the past 30 years. -Richard Powers

Writing the little daily journal is fun. I have set my usual two pages of writing as the day's work. I don't know if I can keep this up from the beginning, but I will try. – John Steinbeck

The nicest part is being able to write down all my thoughts and feelings; otherwise, I might suffocate. – Anne Frank

My journal is off limits to anyone but me ... I can't wrestle on paper if I fear what someone else might think of my wrestling. – Nicole Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment