Wednesday, February 11, 2015

HOW DO I FIND THE TIME TO WRITE WHEN I HAVE A FULL-TIME JOB?


POST 10
Melissa

How do I find the time to write when I have a full time job I like the rhythm of writing at the same time everyday. But when do I have time?  I teach elementary school.  I'm exhausted when I get home. I'm too tired to do anything. 

However  the next morning its a different story.   Writing gets me out of bed when its still dark outside. Soon after Peet's Coffee Shop opens, at 5:30 a.m., I'm  sitting in front of my laptop with a large cafe au lait in front of me.  I'm immersed in my writing.  


I recognize the regulars that come into the coffee shop every morning. After  so many mornings,  we share an early-bird-coffee-drinking bond.

By 6:45 a.m.  its time to close my laptop and go to work.  I listen  to talk radio in the car while I  finish off the last bit of  coffee. No matter what else happens for the rest of the day, I feel at peace  with the world. I've immersed myself in my story.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment